Wednesday, August 13, 2014

…no!

HEY ALL!
I FINALLY GOT THE ANSWER.
So in the previous post, I wrote about sending a QL to a literary agent?
Yeah, well, that's actually my highest hope at the moment because I don't know why but the agent's descriptions and blog posts captivated me but please pardon my sidetrack.
I just got the response today.
I JUST GOT THE RESPONSE TODAY.
And the response answered my question in the end of the previous post: and the answer is…?
The answer is no.
My query letter, as it happens, is just not the project for them.
It stings.
No, seriously. The last time I asked a girl out and got rejected, the sting was nothing compared to this.
Then I think it's by sheer amazing luck that I'd actually read some agents' posts about rejection slips before I built my QL.
I've seen through their perspective…
…and I can't blame them.
Really. And now I'm finally aware why some writers went on and threw tantrums when they got rejected…and I'm also aware that I have the choice not to be like them.
For a moment, since I want to save ink and paper, I can't print the slip to frame and put on my walls. But as soon as I have the means to, I will.
I want to decorate my walls with it.
I want to remember the sting and the boost up it gave me.
And I can't convey the endless thanks I have for the agents who rejected me. Thank you for pushing me to do better. I promise I will.
And to you, all of you aspiring writers out there: keep pushing. Focus your energy on writing and improving your art, don't waste it on lamenting over your rejection slips.
Best of luck and wish me some!

Alfi.

1 komentar:

Nizwar ID said...

wah ada juga blog pribadi, isinya keren cuma sayangnya tema dan warna tulisan terlalu kontras bikin mata sakit pas baca hehe.. saya juga punya, tapi ga sekeren disini artikelnya Nizwar ID

Post a Comment